Arthritis Diagnosis and Treatments
Treatment Options for Arthritis Pain
Non-Invasive Treatment Options
Our board-certified spinal specialists can recommend a variety of pain management and treatment options that can help you eliminate arthritis pain. During your consultation, you may learn more about these options and whether or not they may be an effective pain management options for your symptoms. Here are a few of the non-invasive treatment options you may learn about at the Spine Institute:
- Pain medications and anti-inflammatories. Our doctors may help you overcome your pain symptoms with medication that helps reduce the inflammation in your joints along with muscle relaxers that help relieve pressure on your joints. In severe cases, our doctors may also recommend narcotic painkillers.
- Alternating cold and heat. This is an effective way of providing soothing relief to pain caused by arthritis as well as help decrease inflammation you may be experiencing in the joints. Our pain management doctors often recommend this therapy in the first 24 to 48 hours of your treatment.
- Physical therapy. You may be given a variety of physical therapy exercises that can help stretch, massage, and strengthen the joints and muscles in your body to help relieve your symptoms.
- Steroid injections. Epidural injections can help reduce inflammation and are an effective lower back pain treatment. They also help the doctors at the Spine Institute diagnose your condition more accurately as they can confirm the origin of your pain symptoms.
Call Your Pain Management Doctor For an Appointment
There is no reason to live with arthritis pain. Our pain management doctors can help you live pain-free with effective treatment options that don’t require surgery. We strongly recommend you make an appointment for a consultation with our team if:
- You develop painful symptoms or stiffness very quickly
- Your pain is accompanied by a fever
- The affected joints are red or tender to the touch
- You have pain or stiffness in your joints after you’ve sat for a short time or upon waking in the morning
You can make an appointment for a consultation with our doctors by giving us a call or clicking on the button below.