Neck Pain Causes and Symptoms
What Causes Neck Pain?
Neck pain is an issue that brings thousands of patients to pain management doctors across the nation every year. It’s a common medical condition that can be caused by a variety of things, including:
- Strain to the neck
- Slouching or bad posture
- Sleeping in a strange position
- Overuse of the neck muscles
- Wear and tear from age or activities
- Traumatic injury to the cervical spine
These and other activities can lead to strain in your neck muscles, causing pain, spasms, or even swelling in your neck joints. The pain can last a few hours or days, though some neck pain becomes a chronic issue and lasts for months or even years.
What are the Symptoms of Neck Pain?
- Weakness in the arms or hands
- Tingling in the arms shoulders or hands
- Muscle pain
- Throat pain
- Stiff neck